Friday, June 27, 2008

Another Gotcha Day!

Two Gotcha Days in one week - something tells me that June must be my month for puppy fever! It was four years ago yesterday (and yes I'm a day late - again), we brought home the cutest little spotty girl ever.

At the time, Pongo was almost 10 years old and I wasn't quite sure how he would take to a puppy in the house. After many, many hours of agonizing, I decided to give it a chance...and looking back, I can't imagine what life would be like if I hadn't.

Since I was really missing horses at the time (I had just moved from Indiana and had to leave my horse behind) and had the training itch, I enrolled her in puppy classes at SOTC (Sarasota Obedience Training Club). She was a shy little girl, and I remember during play time rather than play with the other puppies, she would run back & forth through the tunnel they had set up. That was our first introduction to agility and we've been hooked ever since.

Agility has done wonders for Indy's confidence. Even though we've hit several roadblocks along the way (it took a year for her to do the teeter), she absolutely loves it. When I think about how far she's come from the scared, shy little puppy I started with, I sometimes find it hard to believe.

I could go on and on, but to keep it short - Indy is my special girl. She's sassy, bossy, a little weird, and has more personality than she knows what to do with. But she's also incredibly sweet and tries very hard to please.

So here's a few of my favorite puppy shots...as you can see, she came with attitude!







And - In honor of Indy's Gotcha Day, I decided to take a few pictures. I got the distinct impression that she wasn't too happy to be celebrating a day late.





And just in case you think she's not really serious...



Happy Gotcha Day (I know, I'm late) Indy!

No comments: