Friday, August 29, 2008

Kim vs. the Wall

While thinking about all of the horse falls I've had over the years, I was reminded of one in particular. This one happened back in college when I was on the Purdue equestrian team. When you show in intercollegiate, you never ride your own horse(s) - before your event, you draw a horse's name and that's the one you ride. It really was all about the luck of the draw...sometimes you ended up with a great pick, and other times, not so much.

This particular video was taken at a Ball State show (in 1998, I think) - I had never ridden this horse before, and it was obviously not one of my better rides. A rather dumb error on my part landed me into the wall - followed by a trip to the ER. Fortunately I ended up with just a concussion - I don't remember much after the fall although I do recall telling the guys in the ambulance not to cut my boots off - kinda silly at the time, but hey they were good boots!


So here's a fun little video which I call "Kim vs. the wall". I think the wall won. :)

No comments: