Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back Bummer!

I've had back pain for years...some days are better than others, but not a day goes by that I don't have some degree of pain. And then I have weeks like the last two where the pain is almost unbearable. I've been seeing a chiropractor (and fellow dog nut) for the last few months and after several discussions with her, I finally decided to have an MRI done.

Soooo, I got the results back today and I have 3 (three!) herniated disks in the middle of my back. Big bummer. On one hand, I'm glad to finally know that the pain isn't in my head (which some doctors have implied), but on the other, it doesn't sound like there are many good options for treatment.

I guess I should have grown up working with dogs instead of horses. As challenging as agility training can be, I can honestly say that the spotties have yet to throw me into the ground, or a jump, or a wall...or any of the other painful falls that I endured in the almost 20 years I spent in the horse world. :)

In honor of my back woes, here's a picture of Indy looking sympathetic. Okay maybe not, but it's a cute look nonetheless.


No comments: