Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I've Created A Monster

A little spotted monster, that is...

Peyton & I had class again tonight and I'm now convinced that he is officially obsessed with having his best friend Riley in the same class. Where last week, he only left me to visit Riley once, this week he tried several times. Even when he did run with me, I could still tell that his mind was elsewhere - *sigh*

I'm not quite sure how best to tackle this issue - he's never shown much of an interest in other dogs in class before now. I know I need to work first on keeping him calm, but I'm wondering now if there is a way I can somehow use Riley as a reward for working with me. Hmmm, I'll have to think more on that one...


I also realized tonight that I need to break things down more - especially when he's over-stimulated. It's not that he can't run longer sequences, but I have to recognize that when he's lacking focus - even just a little bit - he's not as sharp as when I do have his complete attention, which believe it or not, he *is* capable of giving. :)

Peyton thinks all of this attention talk is downright boring...


No comments: