Monday, April 6, 2009

Ribbon Quilts!

My super awesome talented mom made me the coolest ribbon quilt and pillow from some of my old horse show ribbons! The pictures really do not do them justice, but I thought I would share...








These were both made as "practice" quilts, as we've been discussing various ideas for projects using all of Indy's agility ribbons. I have to say it was really neat to see some of the many ribbons that have been boxed up in storage for 10+ years. Some of them even had the dates on them - the one below is from 1987!



Ribbons are a lot of fun, but when they start to collect, space becomes an issue (but hey, we are *not* complaining!) - I've always loved the idea of ribbon quilts and I'm so lucky to have a talented mom who happens to love to sew! We've got a couple other cool designs in mind so hopefully I'll be posting some more fun projects soon.

I'm trying to convince her that with all of my dog and horse show friends, she could probably do some other fun custom projects! If anyone is interested, please let me know. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one talented mom you have. These are just lovely. I've never seen anything like it. Very creative.

Anonymous said...

I knew your mom was talented but this is WAY beyond anything I've ever seen! They are all beautiful!
Calena

Anonymous said...

I am a quilter and dog lover and I have just the pile of ribbons you talk about. Would your mother share her construction recommendations? Did she sew the ribbons together or use a fusible webbing? I'm dieing to get started!

Kim said...

I'm pretty sure she sews everything on some kind of backing first, but I'll have to ask. I am not very quilting savvy! Feel free to send me an e-mail if you want. :)