Saturday, June 20, 2009

Great Trial!

Peyton did great at the NADAC games trial in Ocala last night! He was such a good boy and was so much more focused and relaxed than our last night trial. We ended up qualifying in two runs, but more importantly - no zoomies and some great start line stays!

Novice tunnelers: I didn't get much time to walk either of these courses, but I'm not sure it would have helped much. I just don't quite have the distance or timing needed to handle his speed on a course full of tunnels. In the first round I managed to get pretty lost too. :)




Novice weavers: These were both pretty good runs, although I don't think Peyton really wanted to slow down to take the weaves. The second round I sent him to an off-course hoop, otherwise he would have been clean.




Novice touch n' go: Two nice runs - in the first round I managed to send him to an off-course tunnel though. He totally saved me in the next run as my handling was all over the place - I'm not sure how, but we managed to finish that run clean!




This was a great trial for us - I really feel like we're starting to sync as a team...although I still feel a bit like a drunken handler most of the time! :) The only downside was the weather - it was MISERABLE...extremely hot and humid and I felt like I was running in a sauna. I'm actually looking forward to our next few trials being indoors!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know how you didn't get motion sick from watching all those spots zoom around and around in and out of all those tunnels (I did a little watching the video) lol.
You two look so nice together!

Lisa said...

Wow! It looks like you and Peyton had fun at this trial. I am still amazed at his blazing speed. He's just beautiful to watch on course. It's like having a spotted Border Collie :) Go, Kim and Peyton!