Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year - Peyton AXJ!

Happy New Year!

After 5 days of trialing, we're pretty exhausted, but I'm happy to report that Peyton got his AXJ title yesterday! It was our only Q all week, but at least we managed to pull it together for our last run. And it was a great one!

I'm usually pretty critical of our runs (mostly my part), but no critiquing today - 1st place, a 26.75 sec. run, and 18+ seconds under SCT. Awesome spotty!


It felt so great to get that last "A" leg! It's not so much about the title, but it was starting to feel like we were going to be stuck in A forever.

As for the rest of our runs, we had several where we were *this* close and a few near train wrecks. I didn't get all of our runs on tape, but here is a video of some of our better moments.


I think the best news is that I didn't step on Peyton toes or make him cry once! I tried to be extra careful to make sure all of his runs were drama free. We did quite a bit of work around the gate area and while he's not anywhere close to being *relaxed*, I think we made quite a bit of progress in that area.

Overall, I think my primary goal for this trial was (mostly) achieved. It would have been nice to have had a few more consistent runs, but I'm pretty darn happy with that JWW Q! I've done a lot of thinking over the past few days and realized that while I've spent a considerable amount of time and energy working on the mental aspect of trialing (for both of us), it's been way too long since I've had the time to really *train* on a consistent basis. And it definitely shows - our contacts are getting a little sloppy and in general, I think were lacking that connection and confidence that comes from time working together outside of the ring.

I'm not a big fan of New Years resolutions, but my goal for the 2011 is to find time - make time - for training. It's something that I love to do, but haven't been able to devote the time we really need to continue to progress and grow as a team. This year, I'll definitely be working on finding more *me* time!

Happy 2011 - hopefully it's going to be a great year for all!

No comments: