Monday, August 18, 2008

3 New Titles!

We had a great trial this weekend - 5 out of 6 Q's and three new titles! Indy earned her open regular and chances titles and her elite tunnelers title. She also picked up a leg in both elite jumpers and novice touch n go. Soooo, she is now Indy OAC, OJC, OCC, TN-E, WVN!

I couldn't be more proud! She was so excited to run this weekend, and I'm really starting to see a shift in her focus...not her typical I-don't-need-no-stinkin'-handler runs. :) She was awesome!

Peyton came along as a cheerleader and he was really good too. I was really surprised at how focused he was when I worked with him in between Indy's runs. I still think we're a long way from trialing, but the fact that he was able to pay attention to me with so many other exciting things going on around him was a great sign!

We we're also excited to see our friends Jill and LuJack there - and they did awesome too! Lu qualified in all four of his novice runs and they both looked great. I'm so proud of them!

It was a really late night - I think we ran our final touch n go run around 2:30 in the morning - yikes! By the time we got back to the hotel, took showers, and fed the dogs, we were finally ready for bed around 4 am - and by that time Peyton was W-I-L-D. We finally got him settled down, but he spent the next 4 hours grumbling at every little noise he heard. I think I might have slept a 1/2 hour before we finally gave up and headed home.

Overall, it was a great time - The Baldwins really do put on a nice trial and even though they are late nights, Indy seems to do really well running after dark. I'm not sure that *I* do, but we seem to manage okay.

I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few of LuJack and one of the spotted "hotels-aren't-for-sleeping" monster. :)





No comments: