Sunday, March 22, 2009

Agility Weekend

It's been a busy weekend! I spent a good part of it at SOTC's agility trial - not competing (yet), but hanging out with good friends and watching some great runs. I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few...

First, is Zoey - *love* this picture of her...




And Zippity...check out those eyes!





Here's Riley...





Who apparently has decided that the teeter makes a great runway! :)



On a somber note, I learned that the Dal community has lost one of their most accomplished spotties. "Smokey Seymour Spots" passed yesterday morning, just 3 months shy of his 14th birthday. I remember seeing him run several years ago at my first agility trial, and was so excited as I had been told Dals were generally *not* cut out for agility. Such was not the case for Smokey, as I think he hit at least MACH 5 (along with multiple titles in obedience and road trials) before retiring a few years ago. Quite an accomplishment for any dog, let alone for a "non-traditional" breed.

I wish that I could have known Smokey in his younger days, as I've been told he had quite a few Peyton-like qualities. I'm really thankful to his dad Charlie for sharing some wonderful stories, and giving me some much needed laughs and encouragement for running my wild spotty boy. Hug your spotties (and non-spotties) tonight...just another reminder that our time with them is much too short.

1 comment:

Life With Dogs said...

I have not been by in a while, but I needed to tell you that your photography is superb!