Friday, September 23, 2011

QQ!

We did it...our first double Q! Gee, maybe we should take 4 months off more often. :)

We had a great time at the SOTC trial last weekend - some really fun runs and good times with friends we haven't seen in awhile. Saturday was our QQ day - although I wasn't thrilled with our runs, I was super happy with Peyton. In standard, I *almost* missed my walkthrough and while I wasn't exactly sure where we were going, Peyton did a great job of sticking with me and we finished 1st in a large 24" class! Our JWW run had me a little worried (I don't think I've ever seen him so pokey), but again, we managed to be clean with a 2nd place.


I don't know if he was just tired, or hot, or maybe half asleep, but it was a really long day and I'm guessing that he was pretty much toast at that point. Even though he's in good shape, I think we tend to forget how physically and mentally stressful trials can be, especially after a relatively lazy summer. In any case, I would much rather have my happy speedy spotty, but I can't complain - he was trying so hard.

Even though we weren't "clean", I thought our runs on Sunday were much more fun! Peyton was awesome, even though I was suffering from a bad case of over-handling. I really need to do a better job of reading my dog and trusting him when he's actually running well and paying attention. :) Obnoxious handler! BUT - we did have a little bit of a start-line stay in JWW that I was pretty proud of. I think I'm going to start playing with them a bit more this season in trials.


SO SO proud of my best spotty dog! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was awesome!! You were good too!

Lisa said...

Woo-hoo! MACH Peyton, here we come!! Nice job and great runs. What a pleasure to see you two running again. Keep up the good work!

Ch. Highgate's Storm Tracker CGN said...

Awesome! Congratulations!!!

Paula said...

Very nice! Congrats on the QQ.

achieve1dream said...

That's great! Congrats!

Kim said...

Thanks guys! :)