Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm Speechless!

Well almost...Peyton got his first Q today! Better yet, Peyton got *three* Q's today along with a first and second place! Woot! :)

He did awesome! And if I wasn't still in total shock (and very tired), I would probably be in tears...I'm so proud of my spotty boy. I couldn't have asked for more from him and he totally exceeded my expectations. Here's a little recap...

Novice Jumpers: A little wild off the start, but I got him back and had I not set him up really badly for a jump he might have even Q'd.



Novice Weavers: Peyton bypassed the first set of weaves coming out of the opening tunnel, but I got him back and he rocked the rest of the course. A very nice run with a Q and second place!



Novice Regular Round 1: A few wild moments - he didn't stop for his first a-frame contact, but he nailed the next two. We ended up with a Q and still a few seconds under time despite the extra running around.



Novice Regular Round 2: A perfect run for spotty boy - a Q and first place! Awesome contacts and weaves. Wow. Wow. Wow.



Needless to say I am on cloud 9 at the moment! It was a great day and we had a great time hanging out with our friends. I think all of the SOTC dogs did great and I am so appreciative of all of the kind words and support. I was so worried the Peyton might run out of the ring near the end since the jumps were so close so I had asked some friends to hang out there, but I don't think he even thought about it!

Indy also had a great day! I ended running her in three classes - our only Q was in elite jumpers, but overall she ran fast and happy - just what I was hoping for!



Again, I can't get over how great Peyton did today. I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like, but at this point - I don't care! Hopefully we'll have as much fun as we did today...any Q's would be icing on the cake! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have chills!
Wow, wow, wow
Congrats, the two of you def. deserve it. Glad Inddy is have fun as well. I guess she's gotten used to the idea of sharing her mom time.

Lisa said...

WOO-HOO! Way to go, Kim and Peyton!! You both looked awesome out there. Big congratulations from your spotty fans in PA. We are so proud of you both. Can't wait to hear about tomorrow's adventures! You know what they say...run clean, run fast!! Oh, yeah...and, above all, have fun.

Kim said...

Aw thanks guys! :)

Jenn said...

Very awesome Kim!!!! Go Peyton!! I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes for you and the crew! Indy looked like she was having fun too!

Sherri said...

Wow Kim, Peyton looks fabulous! All three of you looked great in those videos! Congratulations. :)

-- Sherri