Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009!

And wow, what a year it has been! The spotties and I would like to wish all of our friends a very happy New Year!

Peyton and I had two really good (second-half) runs today. Too bad they don't give 1/2 Q's! We started out with Excellent Standard and Peyton went exactly where I told him to go - too bad I led him right to a few off-courses. Bad handler! I'm still struggling with being where I want to be at the right time, but I do think we're making progress. Lots of good things happening in this run!


Next was our first Excellent JWW run and I knew this was going to be next to impossible without a lead-out. And again, Peyton took an early off-course because I wasn't where I needed to be to give him good directions. He's really trying so hard and I have to remember to not let him think that he's wrong when it's my fault. The last thing I want to do is give him more to worry about! So my goal for tomorrow is to keep moving and to remember to tell him what a good boy he is when were running. He's such a sensitive spotty dog and I sometimes forget to take the time to tell him when he's doing something right.



Overall, it was another good day! Since tomorrow we'll have our first run in 2010, I'm going to be sure to remember where we were last year at this time and celebrate how far we've come.

Happy 2010, my friends!

3 comments:

Scout and Freyja said...

♫HAPPY NEW YEAR♫ PAWty ON

Here's to another year of friendship and smiles and holding up each other through the trials. Over the past year you have brought us many giggles, some laughter and always a feeling that the world is a better place because you are in it.

Kim said...

Awww, that's so sweet! :)

Achieve1dream said...

Nicely done!

Happy New Year!